Overcoming The Enemy By Jesus’ Blood And Our Testimony
As Christians, we are supposed to be overcoming the enemy. The Bible says in Revelation 12:11:
they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the Word of their testimony.
Let me break that down a little further:
- The they is us.
- We overcome – The Bible says that we are overcomers in Christ Jesus.
- The enemy – it’s Satan, and according to John 10:10, his job is to steal, kill, and destroy.
- How do we overcome the enemy? We overcome him by remembering who we are (and Whose we are). We are Christians, and we belong to Jesus, the greater One that is in us! (1 John 4:4).
- We overcome him by the blood of the Lamb – we remember that Jesus gave his life for us, and we remind the enemy of that!
- And we overcome him by the Word of our testimony. Our testimony has to be positive, it has to be based on God’s Word, it has to be giving Him the glory. A negative testimony (or a negative confession) opens the door to demon entry, and it gives Satan legal right in our lives. When that happens, it makes things much harder for us (take it from someone who’s been there).
- So let’s make sure that we keep our testimony positive and the enemy off our backs, amen? And you know what, if we are missing it in any area of our lives, let’s confess it and repent of it before the Lord. This way, He can clean us up and make us the people that He wants us to be – AMEN?? Amen!
Father, I speak peace over all who read this post. May you bless each of them abundantly in their bodies, their minds, and in their spirits.
And, Father, we pray Your hand upon the people in Puerto Rico right now, that they may get whatever they need in order to get back on track.
In Jesus’ mighty name, we pray….
So let’s be positive today!