Summer Is My Favorite Season – But I Hate The Heat!
I don’t know about anybody else, but I love the summer! It’s my favorite season of the year, but there’s one BIG problem….
I LOVE THE SUMMER, BUT I HATE THE HEAT!
Now that I’ve gotten that off my chest, here are some great suggestions to help you bear the worst of it!
- Make sure you have an air conditioner or fan in at least ONE room in your home. In my bedroom, I have the HUGE table fan.
- Drink a LOT of water! And drink more than usual! We sweat a LOT (duh!) when it’s hot and humid, and we lose a LOT of water when that happens. If you’re not already drinking water, start today! Drinking water is good for our health, and it makes us feel SO much cooler!
- Make sure to exercise early. And don’t make the same mistake I did today! I walked on one of the hottest days of the year – now, my body feels it! Listen to your body – and to the weatherman. If it’s too hot, skip walking!
- Where possible, go to as many air-conditioned places as you can (note: take a small covering with you – many stores like Whole Foods have the AC turned up all the way).
- Try cooking early in the morning – who wants to be over a hot stove at 5PM at night?
- FINALLY, if it’s almost 5PM where you are, and you need a dinner option, I have one for you. Just mix 1 cup of plain yogurt together with 1/2 cup blueberries, 1 banana, and some stevia. This is very filling – and kinda cooling too!
So those are my tips to keeping cool in this summer heat – I pray that all of you would use wisdom if you are dealing with it right now, as I am.
GOD IS IN ALL, AND HE IS ALL!