Saturday Afternoon – Doing It In His Strength
It’s almost Saturday afternoon where I live, and I’m busy doing stuff. What are YOU up to?
Here’s what’s been going on with me:
- Making myself salad for lunch (I will be eating when you read this… 😀 ) – getting healthy is one of my top priorities these days!
- I was also dusting my kitchen shelves, which I could NOT have done a few months ago. Getting up on a chair to reach my shelves would have made me lose my balance. Praise God, He healed me from that, making it MUCH easier to do things around my house! Phil. 4:13 came into my spirit as I was doing all of this:
“I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me”….
SO important that Jesus is in the middle of EVERYTHING that we do. I was thanking and praising Him when I got down from those shelves!
As for those shelves, this is what I did:
- Removed everything from the shelves. Some things were tossed, because they were just gathering dust.
- I scrubbed down each shelf with a mixture of water and apple cider vinegar. The shelves had shown signs of neglect.
- Things were then put back on the shelves, in a more organized order.
- Later on today, I will do the VERY top shelf. I will be using my Swiffer sweeper to reach that shelf and dust it out!
This is being done one section at a time. After all, it didn’t take two minutes for my house to get this way. I will have to use a LOT of “elbow grease” to fix things up. But it will pay off in the end in a clean house and in better health!
That’s what I am doing today – what about you? Whatever it is, I pray that you would have a BLESSED day!